A common mistake of many new employers is to think that just because you hire an employee paid with salary or even commission, such as a salesperson, they are exempt from overtime. Not true! Overtime must be paid for non-exempt employees.
- The Future Of Obama’s Overtime Overhaul Is In Jeopardy After Court Injunction
- Obama’s Overtime Overhaul: Is Your Company Affected?
- Finding the Child in You: 5 Business Lessons You Can Learn from Kids
- The Cost of Converting Independent Contractors to Employees
- Can You Get Fired For Being Racist? [e215]
- Hidden Risks for Employers in the Gig Economy
- When an Employer Can Be Held Liable for Negligent Retention of An Employee [e211]
- How Obama Plans To Increase Overtime Pay Eligibility [e203]
- Can Employers Still Use Credit History in Hiring?
- Have We Seen the Last of On-Call Scheduling for Retail Employees? [e198]
Post by: Nasir Pasha, Esq.
Managing attorney and co-host of podcast Legally Sound | Smart Business